Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Ayam Woku Belanga

OOH LA LA IT'S BEEN 3 YEARS


Okay, easy folks. I've been leaving my blog for a very long time. I finally visited New York in October 2017 yayyyy. I started to run a travel company with my friend by the end of 2017. And I travelled a lot in 2018-2019. So, are those excuses make a lot of sense? I hope they are.

Lately, I've been learning about Indonesia cuisine because it's not my forte. I got a few recipes from cookpad and lestariweb and I've compared one recipe to another in order to make the perfect dish I've been looking for. The problem is, there are many tasks to do in the whole process. Other than mise en place, I gotta stir fried or toasted the whole spices without the oil, puree all the ingredients, stir fried the puree with oil, etc. It was quite exhausting but all the efforts were paid off when the dish came out very well cooked, surprisingly(told you, Indonesian cuisine is not my forte).

Other than minangnese cuisine, I also a big fan of manadonese cuisine. So, I tried to imitate the cuisine from my favorite Manadonese restaurant, and here is the recipe :


Ayam Woku Belanga
Recipe from here

Ingredients

  • a whole chicken, cut into 12 pieces (ayam utuh dipotong 12 bagian)
  • 1 tbs lime juice (perasan jeruk nipis)
  • 2 lemongrass, pounded (sereh)
  • 1 pandan leaf, roughly chopped (daun pandan)
  • 1 turmeric leaf, roughly chopped (daun kunyit)
  • 7 keffir lime leaves, finely chopped (daun jeruk purut)
  • 150ml water
  • 7 green chilli, roughly pounded (I skipped this ingredients)
  • 2 stalks of spring onions, roughly chopped
  • 100 grams Indonesian basil leaves (kemangi)
  • 1 tsp of salt, or more
  • 3 tbs oil (I used olive oil)
Pureed Ingredients :
  • 8 red chilli (cabe merah)
  • 4 red birds eye chilli (cabe rawit merah)
  • 8 cloves of shallots (bawang merah)
  • 3 cloves of garlic (bawang putih)
  • 4 cloves of candle nuts (kemiri)
  • 2cm of turmeric (kunyit)
  • 2cm of ginger (jahe)
  • 1 red tomato (tomat)
Steps: 
  1. Drizzle the whole chicken with lime juice and salt. Give a little massage to chicken and leave it for 30 minutes.
  2. Puree the ingredients with chopper or blender until they become a very smooth paste. You can add 2tbs of oil if needed.
  3. Turn on the stove with medium heat. Poue the oil and stir fry the smooth paste until it becomes fragrance and cooked. Approximately for 5 minutes.
  4. Add the lemongrass, keffir lime leaves, pandan leaves, turmeric leaves and mix them together.
  5. Add the chicken, mix them well until the chicken changes the color.
  6. Pour the water into the pan, turn the stove in to low heat and put the lids on until the chicken very well cooked.
  7. Add the salt and sugar.
  8. Add the roughly pounded green chilli. ( I skipped this part, and I added a lots of whole red bird's eye chilli for extra kick).
  9. Lastly, add Indonesian basil leaves and spring onion and turn off the stove.



Here are some pictures about the whole process,







No comments:

Post a Comment

Ayam Woku Belanga

OOH LA LA IT'S BEEN 3 YEARS Okay, easy folks. I've been leaving my blog for a very long time. I finally visited New York in Octo...